Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Year 3.13

Year 3.13 was a happy one as I got discharged. Monday was another restless day at the hospital as the male nurse Phil told me I won’t be released for another day. Yes I was happy because I was allowed to go the bathroom after two and a half days of bed confinement. Peter, Jim, Percy and Fuji came by, plus Xiu yun and Xiao Bei.

Day two was my birthday dinner but I was waiting for final news if I could be released. Kudos to the staff who let me go, changing their minds after lunch. Two helped me get home and then we got ready for my birthday dinner with family and friends two days before the real one. It was one of my happiest day ever.

Wednesday was leaders meeting but I passed. James took me out for tea but it’s not like I could avoid his persistence, plus fruits. I did not attend language meeting either because the doctor gave me a day off.

Day four was my birthday proper. I forgotten pretty much what I did because I did not want to exert myself too much. Anyway nothing could beat my dinner guests with newbies Bon, Amy and Jack, plus Peter and wife direct from USA. I did however had a quiet moko lunch   and a social place dinner with a dutiful student who kept a loving and watchful eye on me.

Friday was a slow day. We went to Tung Chung to remember coffee days with Doris and had wonderful Taiwanese dinner Tai fung at tst. It was supposed to me my day two in Singapore, so that’s how I spent it.

Saturday was lunch with my buddy Cheng after ribbing him for failing to take me to goose dinner強記 before I die. We went to Npac and was thankful that Gordon was the speaker. We also managed to eat at an Italian restaurant Dorus and I ate before.

Sunday was back to work but I close my eyes to conserve strength. It was followed by baptism at church and dinner with eight youth at my place. I’m grateful they helped me to clean the place up.

August 21, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment