Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Year 2.43

Year 2.43 ended with a surprise. On Monday I had lunch with two youths at our favorite BBQ restaurant in sheung wan. Then we head to the Sun Yat Sun museum, which was eye-opening. Back at church AH and I prayed.

Day 2 I had to do a talk on   Peer Support to Prevent Burnout. The talk turned out well, but I am happy to free my time for other talks. Besides I had to get going on next week's message on Philippians 2.

Wednesday began with  breakfast where a man told me a story of how his yacht was struck by lightning to change his name to Jacob. I then visited a friend who texted me for help to move overseas. Later at a leaders' meeting we got sort out who's doing what with many sick or injured lately. At night I picked up a colleague who asked me to join him in Taiwan for a free holiday. I hesitated but hilariously bumped into a good USA friend at HK airport who was heading to Taiwan too, so I decided to go with them! The iOS version of 文法聖經 debuted with my ABCK friend's hand as my model.

Day 4 I had breakfast with the USA friend I bumped into yesterday and did some writing before I headed to church. I got hand treatment.

On Friday my mentor Herman was in town. He'll be at ABS over two months. At night I led a short devotion on the last of three messages on Barnabas.

Day 6 I woke up to a dream of Doris, who asked Why are you not folding your undergarments? Lunch was with Lo from Canada and his successor. I was so behind with next week's message that I skipped prestudy led by another person. At night I joined young families fellowship and heard a testimony by Jas.

Sunday was second last Sunday class followed by sermon at North point. Reluctantly I wore sneakers because I was heading to Taiwan to join my friends last minute for HK$2k. On the plane I saw Hacksaw Ridge. My USA friend took me to Shin Yeh near Hyatt where we stayed. A grand meal followed by coffee at eslite ended the day.

Mar 20, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment