Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Year 2.29

Year 2.29 was a cold week in more ways than one. On Monday I was cheered by lunch with buddies, buying flowers and group prayer. At night I devoured relatives supply of food. After that I enjoyed my first Monday night workout since joining the gym 

Day 2 I started my new division week at ICC, sitting in the office to make my presence felt. I was happily surprised by the work with Nepalese moms at the center by another group. It gave me new inspiration to work with more ethnic groups locally. I ducked out during the break to give moms more privacy. I
was invited to lunch last minute by the pastor.

Wednesday began with 8am breakfast meeting. Next I attended my first prayer meeting in my new task and it turned out to be a thankless and tiring schedule eating into my Sunday sermon preparation no welcome lunch could compensate. After lunch I have my first  language meeting. The folks leading take a long way to get things done. The previous coordinator introduced me to little effect, so change is slow and sullen.

Day 4 morning was a return to normalcy. Later I found one or two useful illustrations, so I am happy. My hand treatment turned into head rubs on the bumps from my cold and the stiff and strained neck.

On Friday I was almost done with sermon preparation but loose ends were plenty. At night I had dinner with my app support and fellowship Thanksgiving but I was too tired to enjoy, leaving home midway.

Day 6 I attended couples Thanksgiving after noon and fellowship at night, and in-between I texted my publisher who agreed to print my next book 再向苦路行.  I left fellowship early to wait for my friend Jon who will stay a short overnight at my place. We had supper at a new place in TY as I showed him the Grammar Bible app. I suddenly thought I gave the wrong file to my app support, but it turned out the system itself withdrew all the vp participles.

Sunday's sermon turned out to be shorter than I thought, ending ten minutes early. Then I joined a group for dim sum. The town hall voting ended in good spirits. A bunch of us went out for drinks. At night as I was having dinner with a new friend, news filtered in that the vote was passed favorably. Praise God, let us hope we have turned a page on the past.

December 12, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment