Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 51

Today, Monday, is week fifty one, exactly a week from the first anniversary of Doris' loss. On Monday I sat in two cafeterias to close out the first year, one in IFC to buy mocha and an almond croissant like before with Doris, and next at a Sheung Wan cafeteria to add $100 to her coffee card, which I was warned that it would expire if no recent activity is detected. At night I had dinner with a buddy and his wife at a newly opened northern food restaurant.

Day 2 I had a night meeting, so I went locally for coffee. When I told neighbors I know it'll be a year soon, the responses are 唔經唔覺,時間好快 and 眨眼. Can't blame them, it seems like that to anyone but me. Late noon I declined the new work that was  recommended to me. It took courage and honesty in me to get the point across. At night we had a new Putonghua men's Bible study attended by twelve men, equally split between the campus group and the adult fellowship group. It was an eye opener because young men seldom come, especially on weekdays. I consider it a triumph. I also use materials previously written by Doris, if possible.

Wednesday was a blur but I managed to complete my John 4 outline: 
HEAVEN CAME DOWN AND GLORY FILLED MY SOUL (JOHN 4)
Be Delighted – Your Wants are Delivered (John 4:7-15)
Be Deepened – Your Worth is Defined (John 4:16-19)
Be Devoted – Your Worship is Demanded (John 4:20-26). 
The June 4th sermon team loved it. There was little headway in content but many were waiting for my outline for the sermon to be delivered in three weeks.

Day 4 was a good day. My coworker and I had lunch with another coworker to persuade him to join our fellowship team instead of leaving for good. More than an hour and a half we made the breakthrough, by God's grace. The turnaround was so sudden and sweet that it caused my fellow coworker to cry. Good workers are hard to come by. Also, I am thankful that more than 400 of our new book 求你使我痊癒  have been sold in less than a month.

On Friday morning I already felt sad. I had a night fellowship, so I spent the morning at the clubhouse where Doris spent her most mornings when she was sick. When I closed and rested my eyes, an image of Doris winking and smiling at me came to my mind. She was dressed in white. Returning home to get ready for work, tears flowed from my eyes.

Day 6 I had a department meeting but before that I had lunch with two department reps. It was a good chit chat. At the meeting proper we managed to get over the hump in dealing with other departments' issues that affected us. At night fellowship we had a good study from our book同作門徒.

Sunday was a hard day for me. At the monthly church prayer meeting I cried twice, the second time when the congregation stood singing, You Raised Me Up. A church leader, a coworker and a friend prayed for me. At night I joined a pastor for dinner, almost regretting it, guilty of interrupting the family on Mother's day, which I forgot.

Please pray for me with the sentimental week coming. There is nothing to fear or forget, just let God stir and steer as He may.

May 15, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment