Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Week 49

Week forty nine begins the countdown to three weeks from the first anniversary of Doris' loss, and another dream of Doris. On Monday I got the most excellent and ecstatic news from my travel agent in the afternoon. My ten year visa to China has been approved. It was so unnerving that I thought I had to cancel my planned trip to Shanghai to relive the memories of our last ever trip together, and other professional plans in China! What a blessed gift heading to the first anniversary.

Day 2 I said goodbye to my brother and his wife as I head to work. Last night he cleverly kept me awake till 1am in the morning to watch Stephen Chow's Kung Fu as he tenderly massaged my tennis elbow right arm. We differed night and day in the past but age and time tore down the walls.

Wednesday was hard on me as I read the last words of Doris again in our new book 求祢使我痊癒. Tears fell from my eyes reading the same things now that she is gone. The entries are more poignant and powerful because previously I clung to the slightest possibility of  hope and healing.

Day 4 I struggled with going to hear a case or working on a sermon on my half day off. I decided on the sermon because there's nothing new In closing arguments and I did not receive text confirmation of court time.

On Friday I have a wonderful dream of Doris. We went to a mall and she went ahead of me in a crowded lift. I got  into the next one but couldn't find her as she had gone to the new mall nearby. When I asked a store owner how to get there, the person refused to tell me, so the customers present were angry at her.

Day 6 morning I had a two hour hand massage in the morning and met a friend who's returned from UK for lunch. He's retired but volunteered halftime in ministry there, but needs might forced him to do voluntary full-time ministry. After lunch I picked up my PC from Asus store because they required $4,470 to fix a motherboard and charged me $300 service charge as expected. I tried other stores nearby in shum shui po. One offered to do it for $700 if he succeeds and no fees for consultation. At night I had dinner with a buddy and his wife now that we seldom have dinner because of schedule conflict.

Sunday arrived and the speaker did a good job after sharpening his sermon from our weekday review.  I attended youth lunch but it only made me sleepy. After I returned home I got a call from the repair store that my PC repair worked! I was too tired, slept for two hours, then went to pick my PC. I found a goose store nearby and had a pleasant dinner and headed home happily. At night I finally finished the Emmaus sermon on my own time over two weeks. I derived a lot of satisfaction from doing it because reading it went nowhere and did nothing for me previously.

May 1, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment