Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Week 23

Week twenty three was one of my better weeks, although not without nostalgia or tears. Monday got off to a sentimental start when I was taking MTR. When I rested my eyes the raw feelings for Doris returned. It was a luxury I could afford on my day off.

Tuesday was training day for a seminary. I spent the day training more than eighty overseas pastors how to preach. Our pastor and I would split five days, three days for me, which I am happy to share with my church coworkers. The plan was to take five coworkers with with me, each focusing on a chapter of 1 Timothy with fourteen or fifteen students in each group. I will kick off today but the coworkers will join me Thursday and Friday. It's been three years I have not trained overseas coworkers.The local camp site was one and a half hours of travel, but I was lost, making it more than two hours.

The next morning I organized a few coworkers to pray for a leader's prostrate cancer operation. The emotions got the better of me in the morning prayer but I was with friends. As soon as prayer was over, my new book 文法聖經 arrived. My coworkers did the heavy lifting for me, moving one thousand books in slightly more than an hour. This book would revolutionize Bible study and preaching in no time. At night I attended deacons meeting with some good friends.

Thursday was another training day but it was more of a test for my coworkers rather than me. As one of them was sick and another could only join me in the afternoon, I had the largest group, but the students were in inspired learning mood to notice or care. At night I decided to skip overnight stay at camp and visited the leader after his operation and return home to keep company.

Friday was the last day of training with three students sharing a chapter's sermon in the afternoon joint preaching of the six chapters , each taking twenty or less minutes for three points per chapter of five hundred words per point. Their skills level is no lesser than my church coworkers by now, I might add. It ended perfectly before 4pm.

On Saturday I had planned to work on Ecclesiastes 10 but I could only manage half a point, but that's how Saturday goes with Fellowship day, except for this week.

Worship was uninspiring on Sunday. For the first week I was devoid of strong sentiments from the music or sermon, so I concluded I was on the mend in good time, five or six months usually.

Nov 1

No comments:

Post a Comment