Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Week 22

Week twenty two is a little bit better but for some worries too. On Monday I had lunch with two workers and then we visited a new coworker at Baptist Hospital. After that I joined a new friend at TST book fair. He shared about returning to his old job after giving ministry a short try. He just needed friendship and wanted to support me as well.

Tuesday begins another week at the office, but it is sermon week for me, the second sermon two weeks in a row. I have another two weeks later, making it three new sermons in a month. I usually keep my head down and get the job done. Ecclesiastes 8 is rich and satisfying, but it's a lot of work.

The next day was a rainy day, with the black rain signal causing the cancellation of deacons meeting at night. After dinner I walked the island's covered corridors, but still the rain was too heavy in between corridors where pedestrians can get soaked. I could only think of Doris every step I take. She would join me at times, walked reservedly and gave up halfway when the swirling rain between corridors was unbearable while I kept on walking.

On Thursday I woke up to the fear of losing memories of Doris. At night I comforted a heartbroken young man who was heartbroken and  identified with him in tears. It is now second nature to me.

On Friday I woke to a long dream. I hurriedly gave up on playing badminton, then rushed to join house shopping with Doris at a place where we suspected a robbery was taking place, with her younger nephew pushing her wheelchair. I was glad I could feel Doris again. A typhoon signal no. 8 blanketed Hong Kong from morning till the signal was taken down at 530pm. It meant I could not buy flowers for Doris' fifth month anniversary tomorrow, cut my hair or attend a coworkers birthday lunch.

On Saturday I finally got my hair cut from a coworker, then attended a wedding , followed by wedding dinner at night. I did not buy flowers again because the dinner ended late at night.

Sunday was here. I hurriedly printed my last illustration to add to my sermon. There was drama when 90 overseas folks joined worship, but it was orderly. I sniffed a little at the pulpiy but held up. That morning I finally bought flowers nearby church and my tears betrayed me as I took them home.

Oct 25

No comments:

Post a Comment