Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Year 3.5

Year 3.5 covered the 25th month without Doris. On public holiday Monday I went with the youth to university for lunch, then to Yuen Long for famous grass jelly dessert, eventually gathering the group for dinner at my place and watching the world cup together. They took the 11pm bus home.

Day 2 I received a call from Asus saying that the screen repair charge was $1020, so there was no reason to keep the phone. At night a neighbor ordered iPhone 7 for me with 128g at 15 off. I decided to switch since most of my WhatsApp message were already lost.

By Wednesday I was frantically working on my Philippians 4 Sunday sermon. There was much to cover on verses 13-
19. I still did not get the flow of the verses. Language meeting was rocky, but at least I did my piece. Buddy's nomination was approved with no objection. Proud of him.

Day 4 I met with a fellowship member who asked for counsel on a lawsuit. I have no counsel but for him to ask new believers at his office about what to do so that they can grow together. After lunch I had a haircut and bought lilies for Doris. Hand treatment was at night.

Friday was Doris' 25 months of loss. I dreamed I was brushing or massaging Doris' hand or arm so that she could get to sleep faster - her favorite habit. As usual I wore black but I was glad I did not have to accompany Doris' sister for night fellowship, so I joined 馬友組 for dinner.

The phone finally arrived before lunch on Saturday. I stayed behind for fellowship and our ABS grads were in force for a last farewell. Eli gave me a cover for my new PC, which I'm sure he did not know I bought one.

Sunday school and sermon were blessed, with a few expressing appreciation. I met with Arthur at noon over coffee to see what ministry opportunities were available for our new seminary student in his city. The youth and a neighbor joined me for dinnerand prayer.

June 26, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment