Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Week 39

Week thirty nine was an uneventful week, praise God. On Monday I went with a buddy to hear a case. As expected it boils down to the three P's - proof, privacy and procedures. I was glad I took a quick nap so that I can concentrate better.

The next day 8:15am, I texted Doris: Happy Valentine's Day, Baby! Back to church I had to speed up my work for Sunday sermon on Ecclesiastes 11, including translation, but the day was disrupted by a 10am meeting, and more meeting at 2pm. I joined the earlier meeting at least 15 minutes late so that I could finish translating the first point. At night I did prayer walk and successfully bypassed Valentine's Day.

On Wednesday night I noticed a different me at deacons meeting. I looked for my fellowship deacons to shake their hands or say Hi. It can only mean I was getting better, and not avoid others.

The following day I had to work on additional sermons for our new book just as I thought I was almost done. The reason was that Doris had entered at least four more biblical passages for our book on the Maketplace 職場 which I did not realize because the new passages were scrolled on the back page of a note. The book could be too big at thirty six chapters.

On Friday as usual I had dinner with no. 2 sister and husband. Because the fellowship had a big group joining all cell groups, I was able to observe how brother in law was doing since he accepted Christ and was attending new believers class. It is good to know he truly enjoyed the joint meeting talk. Doris prayed for him for many years and the staunch Buddhist accepted Christ several months before Doris left us.

The next day was tiring. I attended a noon funeral, talked 文法聖經 at a buddy's fellowship and attended putonghua joint fellowship. Doris' cancer made me more aware of people's need and a pastors presence at a funeral was always appreciated, even though I am no longer active in the fellowship. As I took the bus to tsing yi to attend the funeral,  a little girl stepped into the crowded bus, whining for a seat. After give seconds or so I gave her mine but the father's said, 老人家 冇啦! He's old 😨😰! I got my seat back.

Sunday was challenging. I got up for my morning swim, caught the 750am bus to teach Sunday school, followed by the Sunday sermon that was well received. Two teardrops,  left followed by right, fell from my eyes as I sat on my chair after the message, remembering Doris. A youth's invitation to attend youth fellowship prompted more calls from a youth who asked, pastor, why have you not joined us anymore?"

Feb 21, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment