Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Week 46

Week forty six was a week of dreams but none with Doris in it. On Monday I woke up to a USA friend remarking that my pants were too big or fashionable. In the morning I ended up telling another friend I did not appreciate what he said to me the night before. It was embarrassing and possibly detrimental to a new-found friendship. May the Lord heal. At night Doris' school friend texted me: Tomorrow is Ching Ming festival. Hope u r ok. Remember u in prayer
Victor Yap: Her sisters with me
Friend: Good !
Victor Yap: She lives in my heart
Friend: Yes

Tuesday was Ching Ming  holiday for folks to sweep tombs. I woke up at 4am to these questions: What does it mean to me? How do I feel? One thing was different: Doris was at home, not at tombs! It was a serene day actually. After a bit of writing in the morning I went back to bed near 10am because I woke up too early. Near noon I went to Prince Edward to get flowers for Doris even though her sisters said they'll do it. The day was too beautiful and too special to stay at home. After having a quick lunch at my favorite place introduced by a buddy I bought resurrection lilies for Doris and some cookies for friends. At 6pm her sisters arrived to bring flowers to show their love for baby sister. We had hotpot with the food I bought for the occasion.

On Wednesday night I watched the first chapter of 2017 Condor Heroes on the tube. The night before I was fascinated by its showing on CCTV, but one of the villains has died, so I had to start from the beginning.

On Thursday I woke to my second dream of having a sports car that has a handy sloping underground parking spot exactly the size of one car. The purpose was to get away from bad guys.

On Friday I used the compensated day to revised more chapters. A friend asked me to listen to his talk, which I had a great time doing since I can lend a ear to something important to him and give my feedback. I secretly wished I can help him get his article published.

On Saturday I had a masseur to work on my stiff right arm for two hours. It has been stiff for more than two months, increasingly getting worse, so it was high time to attend to it. At noon I had to rush to the office to do prestudy questions with two new reps from another fellowship zone. All enjoy it tremendously. After study I was so spent a buddy and I went to tea before I head to fellowship, eat and head home. What a long day.

The next day was longer still. I spoke at North point before heading back to church, ate a burger , then sat on a waiting car to Ma On Shan for fellowship leaders retreat. For three hours they expertly learned the grammar Bible, practised writing a short devotion and acted a sketch. Praise God at night I have finished revising 30 職場 chapters. All's well that ends well for the day. At the camp an old song touched me, reminding me the fair and frail bride of Christ:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKd3wUNfrrs

April 11, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment